Saturday, July 7, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things!


I can stop anytime I want... maybe.



I guess everyone has an addiction…

I’m not much for chocolate like a lot of women are.  I mean, sure, I like a Hershey kiss every now and then, but you won’t find any witty chocolate quotes embroidered on pillows in my house.

I’m not too much of a shopper.  A couple of odd occasions at Old Navy where I’ve found shirts for 97 cents have ruined me from paying full price for an article of clothing ever.

I don’t really buy expensive shoes.

I don’t buy expensive purses – or at least, not many.

I don’t need to go to fancy restaurants.  I don’t smoke or drink and I’ve given up nearly every magazine subscription I had.

But I do have a vice, and until I started writing this blog, I might not have been fully aware of its magnitude in my life.

My name is Jamie… and I’m addicted to beauty products.  (Hi Jamie)

(Side note- if you’re a product-junkie like me and don’t know about Birchbox yet, you are missing out!  For only $10 a month, you get a cute little gift-wrapped box of deluxe samples of the newest products.  Totally worth it – it’s like a getting a little present every month. check it out!)

Lotions and Potions Galore!


I’ve always loved lotions and potions and perfumes and polishes.  It’s the girl in me.  I’ve had shoeboxes full of such things since I was nine or ten years old.  A few years ago though, I was introduced to Sephora, and my “problem” has grown infinitely since then.  (If you’re not a fan already, NEVER go there!  You’ll never be able to go back to Maybelline and Cover Girl!)

Today, my make-up time (which I’ve gotten down to 10 minutes or less!) involved the following:

Philosophy Miracle Worker Anti-Aging Cream - $45.00 (but I am just using a sample!  I can’t bring myself to buy it!)
Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Lotion with SPF - $10.99
Benefit Porefessional Make-up Primer  - $29.00
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Treatment - $8.00
Lemon-Aid Eyelid Correcting Cream - $20.00
Some Kind of Gorgeous in Sheer Ivory Beige - $29.00
Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder - $59.00
That Gal Face Brightener - $29.00
Stay Don’t Stray Eyelid Primer - $26.00
Two Faced Sun on the Run Bronzer - $20.00
Sephora brand eyeshadow in light pink - $9.00
Urban Decay Eyeshadow -$18.00
Stila Kajal Eyeliner - $18.00
Fairy Drops Mascara - $24.00
Nars blush - $28.00
Sephora Lip Gloss in Precious Pink - $10.00


Yowser.  Now, to be fair, a lot of times, I’m supplied this stuff through birthday and Christmas gift cards, and when I shop, I usually find amazing deals (and they always throw in samples – which is how they keep you hooked!).  But also to be fair, this doesn’t really describe everything in my make-up arsenal.  There might be lots of other things that I mix and match on a given day, and some things only reserved for special occasions.  And don’t even get me started on all the non-make-up products I have!


Me: Make-up Free!




The "Real" Me

By thy way, don’t feel bad if you’re thinking EXACTLY what I’m thinking… for $382.99, the finished product should be a little better! 

But in the end, it’s not about looking pretty (ok, maybe a little), but it’s about feeling pretty.  And for some reason, taking that ten minutes a day to pretty up makes me feel, for a little while at least, like I’ve got it together – until, of course, I step outside in the 107 degree weather and sweat off every last drop of make-up!

Oh, and lest you think I'm the ONLY ONE
with a product obsession,
take a little peak at the husband's
shower shelf!


No comments:

Post a Comment